Pro wrestling has been a staple in my life basically since I was born. Heroes come and go, but there’s one man who seemingly never dies. That man being the phenom The Undertaker.
5 matches during the 21-1 Wrestlemania run in my opinion have been the dead mans best. Undertaker will have another go at this year as he takes on the creepy Bray Wyatt. Seems like a passing of the creepy torch if you ask me. So heres my list of what the Deadman’s best 5 matches have been at the Granddaddy of them all, Wrestlemania.
5. Wrestlemania X8 against Ric Flair- Two of the greatest to enter the squared circle were set for battle at this edition. Flair and Undertaker with two of the greatest styles and nicknames. The Nature Boy and the American Badass gave us a bloody massacre that had an underlying theme. One of my personal favorites due to the fact of the intereference of Arn Anderson. A spine-buster that was thought to end the streak. But the Deadman would end it victorious, continuing his streak.
4. Wrestlemania 24 against Edge- Yeah I have this one on here too, this match was almost too entertaining to leave off the list. The Ultimate Opportunist was just one step of Undertake at all times. You really had the feeling that Edge with help from La Familia was going to be the one to end the streak. Especially with his belt on the line. But the Phenom would not be stopped on his quest, finally countering a spear into the Hells Gate submission. A great match with a great build-up.
3. Wrestlemania 30 against Brock Lesnar- The conqueror, the 1 in 21 and 1, Brock Lesnar would be the one to beat the Phenom at the big dance. A physical beat-down of the the Deadman led to the streak being conquered. Lesnar and Undertaker had a great mic-piece in Paul Heyman to build up this brawl. Undertakers career was said to be over after this one as he was carted off to a hospital once he got through the curtain.
2. Wrestlemania 29 against CM Punk- The Best in the World was in a personal war with the Undertaker. Many think Punk went to far with using the Urn after the death of Paul Bearer. The story-line led to an incredible match. Punk stealing the Deadmans moves, Undertaker reversing the GTS and an elbow drop from the top rope to the outside. Punk and Undertaker stole the show, a show that was headlined by The Rock and John Cena. A match that will go down in history as the one that could have set up the next years event.
1. Wrestlemania 25 against Shawn Michaels- A rivalry that dates back to the late 1990’s was set for the match of the year. HBK and the Undertaker would send us on a roller coaster ride of emotion. In match dubbed good vs evil and heaven vs hell. When you watch this match, you really have no idea who will come out on top. But like always, the Deadman would come out victorious and would lead us to a sequel the next year. But as we all know the sequel really never lives up to the original.
- Triple H(3 Times)
- Randy Orton
- Kane (Twice)